07 May, 2016

Arrowroot and Almond Slice

I know that I just posted a recipe for an almond slice, but my group had an experiment, so I needed to come up with a dessert to share that could sit out at room temperature and that everybody could eat. This one is very different from the last one, but no less delicious.

Arrowroot and Almond Slice

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

Yield: 32 servings

Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup almond meal
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp arrowroot (or cornstarch), dissolved in 6 tbsp water
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt.
  3. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until light in color, smooth, and fluffy. 
  4. Add arrowroot liquid and stir in -- this will NOT come together, but don't worry. All will be well in the end, I promise.
  5. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you have a smooth dough.
  6. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and press the dough into the pan. I put my hand into a plastic bag and used that to press it down evenly.
  7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment