Arrowroot and Almond Slice
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 32 servings
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp arrowroot (or cornstarch), dissolved in 6 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until light in color, smooth, and fluffy.
- Add arrowroot liquid and stir in -- this will NOT come together, but don't worry. All will be well in the end, I promise.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you have a smooth dough.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and press the dough into the pan. I put my hand into a plastic bag and used that to press it down evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.