Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 90 minutes if you use four small ramekins like I did. It will take longer if you use a single large mold.
Total time: 105 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together the cornstarch and milk. The easiest way of doing this is to pour a small amount of milk into the cornstarch and whisk smooth, then pour than back into the remaining milk.
- Pour the milk mixture into a small saucepan and heat over high heat, whisking constantly, until the milk begins to boil.
- Boil for about three minutes, or until the milk begins to thicken. I don't have pictures for this step or the next because you really need to work fast.
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the honey and vanilla.
- Quickly pour the mixture into ramekins and tap them gently to level the tops as much as possible.
- Let the mixture cool on the counter for a few minutes, then put them in the fridge and chill completely.
- When they're ready, flip the ramekins upside down over a plate to release the puddings for serving.