Prep time: 8-12 hours
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 8 - 12 hours
Yield: It depends on how thick you want it, but I got about three cups of cream.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water, divided
- More water (doesn't need to be filtered) for soaking and rinsing
- Place the cashews in a large bowl and cover completely with water.
- Leave to soak for at least 8 hours and up to 12 (I started the soak before leaving for work, then made the cream in the evening. You could also soak the nuts overnight.)
- Drain the cashews, then rinse and drain again. Place them in the bowl of a food processor or very powerful blender along with 1/2 cup of filtered water.
- Process or blend the nuts until no longer grainy. Add water a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired "cream" consistency. I added another 6 tablespoons or so.