16 April, 2016

Almond Slice

I actually have no idea what a "slice" is in the context Redwall uses. I believe it's basically a "bar," or something sweet that is made in a square or rectangular pan and sliced into portions. For the almond slice, I decided to base the recipe off of a no-bake cheesecake. It came out pretty nicely. Leftovers can be frozen, but I don't recommend keeping these around for too long after making them.

Almond Slice

Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Yield: 16-24 servings

Ingredients


  • 8 graham cracker sheets
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Directions

  1. Place the graham crackers in a zipped bag and smash them with something heavy until you have fine crumbs
  2. Pour the crumbs into an 8x8 baking pan. 
  3. Melt together the butter and the 1/4 cup of ricotta, mix into the crumbs, and press everything into an even layer in the pan. 
  4. With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, cup of ricotta, honey, and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
  5. Pour the cheese mixture into the pan and smooth into an even layer
  6. Top with the sliced almonds
  7. Refrigerate for an hour before attempting to cut. After cutting, you can store these in the freezer and either thaw before serving or just serve frozen -- they're good both ways.

1 comment:

  1. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be.

    ReplyDelete