Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cool time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 8-16 bars, depending on how big you want them
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nut)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (or other fruit)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix together the oats, nuts, fruit, and cinnamon.
- Mix together the water, oil, and baking powder (this is making a binding similar to an egg), then add the milk, vanilla, and honey.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. At this point, you will think that I have missed an instruction or ingredient because you will have a bowl of wet oats sitting in a puddle of milk. Don't despair and don't add anything. This is how it's supposed to be, I promise. It'll all work out.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 7x11 inch pan and use a spoon or your fingers to spread the oats into an even layer. The milk should spread itself out on the bottom.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting.