Soft Cheese and Watercress Sandwich
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 minutes
Total time: 5-10 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 1 tbsp Brie or another soft cheese
- 1/4 cup watercress
- 1 or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp butter
- Top the slice of bread with the brie. Mine was soft enough at room temperature to spread. If yours isn't, simply slice the cheese thinly and lie it over the bread.
- Pluck the watercress leaves from the stems and place it on top of the cheese.
- If using two slices of bread, top with the second bread slice.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the sandwich.
- Cook the sandwich for 4 minutes per slice of bread (flipping halfway through if you're using two slices) or until the bread is golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy your gooey, melty sandwich.