Cook time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 ½ cups milk (I recommend using a milk which has at least some fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Whisk together cornstarch and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Pour in milk, stirring until dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until thick and bubbling. It should thickly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour into ramekins or mason jars and refrigerate four hours or until set.