Cherry and Meadowcream Pie
Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: One pie (eight slices recommended)
- Pie crust, baked if necessary
- One batch of meadowcream (cooked but not yet set)
- Halved, pitted cherries (I used about 14)
- Line the bottom of the pie crust with cherry halves, cut side down.
- Cook the meadowcream. While still hot and liquidy, slowly pour over the cherries until the crust is filled.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap so that the plastic is completely touching the cream. (No air should be touching the custard. This will prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill the pie for about 4 hours or until set.
- Slice and serve.
If you have extra meadowcream, just pour it into ramekins or mason jars and let set on its own.