A WARNING NOTE: The longer you leave the infusers in this "punch," the hotter it will become. I highly recommend taking a taste every hour or so and straining once it's reached the right heat level. I forgot to do this and by the halfway point of the party people were getting a little more of a punch than they were expecting.
Prep time: 1 minute
Infusing time: Anywhere from 3-6 hours, I'd say, depending on your spice preference
Yield: 48 ounces
- 48 ounces of 100% apple juice (make sure it doesn't contain added sugar, or this will become weirdly cloying)
- 6 habanero peppers or cayenne peppers
- 1 inch piece of ginger root
- Remove the stems of the habaneros and cut them in half
- Peel the piece of ginger and cut it into thin slices
- Place the peppers and ginger into a bottle (I used several because there were multiple drink stations)
- Add the apple juice, seal the bottle, and give it a vigorous shake. Repeat this every 30-60 minutes, tasting a small sip, until the taste is what you want.
- Remove the peppers and ginger from the bottle and enjoy.