Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup quick-cook barley
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place barley in food processor or grinder and process to a meal
- Pour barley and liquids into a microwave safe bowl and stir to combine
- Microwave for 10 minutes, stopping every two to stir and prevent overboiling.
- Top with anything you like. I find that I prefer the nutty taste of barley plain other than an extra splash of milk, but it would also be wonderful with some spices or fresh fruit.