Please remember, if you're making your own puff pastry dough you should start it the day before.
Strawberry Jam Turnovers
Prep time: (Not including making the dough, if you're doing that) 30 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 40-45 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen micro-turnovers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your dough from the fridge and turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll it out to about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 2.5 inch rounds or squares (I used the rim of a wine glass to make circles because I don't have any cookie cutters...that aren't Star Wars shaped...)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer your dough pieces. Place about a 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the center of each piece.
- Fold the dough over to make a half-moon or triangle, covering the jam.
- Use a fork to crimp and seal the edges of each turnover. (You can tell I overfilled some of these and they leaked during the crimping. Use a paper towel to wipe the worst of the leak so you don't end up with burned jam at the edges.)
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Slide the parchment paper with the turnovers onto racks to cool before storing in a sealed tupperware.