14 November, 2015

Guosim Troutbake

The Guosim (The Geurilla Union Of Shrews In Mossflower) were well known as good cooks. When I read about their "troutbake" in Rakkety Tam, I thought it seemed like a fantastic idea. The Guosim cooked their trout in a pit while I used an oven, but other than that I followed their idea pretty closely. I actually managed to find trout at my supermarket's fish counter, but if you can't find it substitute your favorite firm fish. Also, like with my Grayling a la Redwall, I baked this in individual portions in my toaster oven, but you could certainly bake this all at once in a regular oven.

Guosim Troutbake

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients


  • 1.5 pounds of trout
  • 1 gala apple
  • 1 small onion
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 4 cups of watercress
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Roughly chop the apple, celery, and onion.
  3. Place trout fillet in the center of a large sheet of parchment paper and cover with the chopped produce. 
  4. Wrap fillet in the parchment and bake for 30 minutes.
  5. Lie fillet and baked fruit/vegetable mixture on a bed of watercress.

No comments:

Post a Comment