Cook time: 10 minutes
Cool time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: One pint
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk (my meadowcream is off-white because I used soymilk, but the recipe should work with any milk or milk alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Whisk together cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until dissolved and free of clumps.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 6-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into a jar, cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
- If you want to whip your meadowcream, pour it into a chilled metal bowl and whip with a stand or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. The peaks will not hold forever, so whip immediately before using.