PLEASE NOTE: Yet again, this is a recipe which needs to be started the day before you want it. Be prepared.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cool time: 24 hours
Total time: 24 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 24 ounces (Three glasses)
- 24 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- About three dozen dandelion heads
- After collecting your dandelion heads, separate the yellow petals from the green stems.
- Place the yellow petals into a large, heatproof bowl. (You'll want to have about a cup or a cup and a half of loose petals)
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat water to a low boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour hot water over petals and allow to sit until cooled to room temperature (about 90 minutes).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for the rest of the 24 hour cool time.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and pour liquid through a fine sieve into another bowl to remove the petals
- Use a ladle to pour liquid into glasses or funnel into bottles for later.